Naturopathic medicine aims to find and treat the root cause of disease. Naturopaths act as ‘health detectives’ by looking beyond the symptoms and digging further to uncover the root cause of your health concerns.
During the case taking process our naturopaths endeavour to uncover what is occurring at a physical, mental, emotional and biochemical level.
IN A CONSULTATION OUR NATUROPATHS WILL
COVER THE FOLLOWING:
– Health concerns (current symptoms) and health priorities
– Health/medical history
– Diet and lifestyle choices
– Review any relevant pathology testing you may have had done
– Physical examinations: this may include tongue, nail and iris analysis as
well as blood pressure.
From this, your naturopath with formulate a treatment plan. The plan
will outline recommended dietary and lifestyle modifications as well as
nutraceutical and herbal prescriptions when required.
OUR NATUROPATHS USE A RANGE OF
– Personalised dietary advice
– Nutritional supplementation (we also offer custom nutritional
– Herbal medicine
– Lifestyle modifications
– Flower essence therapy
– Referrals for further investigation (as much as possible we recommend testing with your GP or specialist and take an integrative approach to treatment) we may advise pathology testing via the following laboratories: QML, Sullivan Nicolaides, Australian Clinical Labs, Research Nutrition and Nutripath.
– Education: our practitioners love to empower you to make health changes and their favourite way to do this is by teaching you.
In additional to her Naturopathic practice Meah Robertson also offers Holistic counselling sessions. These are individually lead to support your emotional health.
They may include:
- Theta Healing
- Flower Essence Therapy – Australian Bush Flower Essences Relaxation Counselling
- Life Coaching / Skills Counselling
- Social Relationships Counselling
- Self-Esteem and Motivational Counselling
- Meditation, Visualisation, and Breathing Exercises
- Angel Card readings
Meah Robertson’s Services:
-Initial consult: $175, up to 90 minutes
-Long Follow up consult: $125, 60-90 minutes
-Standard Follow up consults: $100, 45-60 minutes
-Couples Initial Fertility consult: $250, up to 2.5 hours
-Couples Ongoing Follow up consults: $200, up to 2 hours
LIFE COACHING / HOLISTIC COUNSELLING
-Initial consult: $150, 60 – 90 minutes
-Ongoing Follow up consults: $100, up to 60 minutes
Lucy Fitzgibbons’ Services:
-Initial consult: $140, up to 90 minutes
-Follow up consult: $85, 45-60 minutes
-Food detective test & consultation: $250, up to 90 minutes (test is conducted in-clinic at the time of your consultation)
DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE HEALTH REBATES?
From April 2019 all Naturopathic consultations have been removed from being eligible for private health fund rebates.
An announcement has been made by the government in May 2019 to review this decision. We’ll let you know more in future as this enquiry progresses.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?
To make the most out of your appointment time we recommend for you:
– Fill out your online form, it’s emailed to you after you make your appointment online (this includes listing your current supplements & medications including dosages)
– Bring a copy of recent pathology/blood tests/scan reports etc.
DO YOU WORK WITH GPS?
Naturopathy is often referred to as ‘allied health’ or ‘complementary
medicine’, for the very reason that it can complement other health
modalities including western medicine. The naturopaths at Lifestart
Naturopathics are happy to work with you and your GP. We also have a number of known GP’s and specialists that are happy take that integrative approach to support you.
If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to get in touch, please
contact the clinic here.